An Escape

|
I love the comics that Tallulah puts up.  I've been thinking about the last one (shallow section). And honestly, sometimes my worried brain needs a little bit of shallow.

Does that make me shallow?  (insert giggle)

I started "reading" (which means listening to audiobook on my ipod) a light-hearted book a couple years ago.  It was by Sophie Kinsella and is called "Confessions of a Shopaholic."  There is a movie out based on this book.  But in my opinion, is not NEAR as funny and witty as the book.

At the time I picked up this read, I had so much on my mind.  We were having to make many difficult decisions and many that involved hours of work.  This book took me away from our emotional and physical demands and brought into my life a much needed escape.  I found myself laughing out loud at many parts.  Without fail, I was able to rest from my worries.  

Books are quite powerful aren't they?  While I can't say I learned more about myself and the universe with this read.  I definitely needed something light-hearted to rest my mind.  And this did the trick.  Oh, the things Becky Bloomward gets herself into!  If you haven't read this book, I highly recommend it.  

Sometimes the shallow section is needed when things already feel heavy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment