Meet Lil' Acorn

|
When Mama Mia told me she was inviting me to be part of The Oak Tree, I was really excited - except for when I found out I'd have to write something about myself.... but here it goes.  

I selected the pseudo name "Lil' Acorn" because that is the first thing that I thought of when I read the poem - we are all acorns - we all have within us the ability to become a mighty oak. 

One thing that those around me come to learn is my passion for music - I love music!  I love to listen to music, I love to play music, I love to teach music and I love to talk about music (just ask any of my music students!)  I get excited when I hear a brilliant performance of a Beethoven symphony, I cry when I hear music that is uplifting - music speaks to me.  I truly believe that music is a universal language and it speaks to all of us.   Classical music is my first love - but I do listen to all different types of music.   My favorite symphony is Beethoven's 3rd, favorite opera is Madam Butterfly (makes me cry every time) and my favorite musical is West Side Story--sorry Mama Mia, it's not Mama Mia.

I always have to be busy - I have a hard time sitting and not doing something with my hands.  

I love to laugh - life is too short not to have a good time.  There are too many unhappy and grumpy people in the world.

Learning is another passion for me.  I'm not satisfied unless I'm learning something - whether it be a new craft or reading about history.   I always want to know more!  I always have 2 or 3 books about history or historical figures lying around my house that I'm reading.  

The things I value most in my life are my family and my friends - without them my life would be nothing.  They are my encouragement.  They uplift me.  They share my values and encourage me to become a better person.   

I'm excited to be a part of The Oak Tree because it is through other's experiences and words that we can grow stronger, find encouragement and become better people.

2 comments:

Tallulah said...

Welcome, Lil' Acorn! I'm was so excited to read your post! You seem like a fascinating person...I love to be around passionate people (especially when their passion revolves around the arts!) Anyway, welcome! I can't wait to hear more about you!

Mamma Mia said...

I was SO happy to open our blog and see your entry!! Yea!! I have always loved our conversations and learn so much from you. You always get me thinking and now I am really looking forward to hearing even more. And as you're writing your first entry, if you need any help with your 3-letter words, my hubby said for you to call him! ;)

Post a Comment