To Laugh or Not to Laugh...That is the Question!

|

Happy April Fools!

I love this day. And when I really think about why -  it is not so much the prank part as it is the
not taking ourselves so seriously part.

How many times do frustrating things happen to us? On a daily basis at times! If it is really true that laughter is the best medicine,  the trick lies in turning our frustration into something to laugh about. And let's be honest, when we are in the moment, this can be a hard thing to do.

I can see I haven't been doing a great job at finding the humor in my life. I am hurting my brain at the moment trying to recall an experience where I could have been upset, but instead chose to flip it on it's head and laugh! This will be my goal this April Fools. Rather than concentrating my efforts on making a prank, I am going to find a situation to find humor rather than frustration. I'll report back.

"It is the ability to take a joke, not make one, that proves you have a sense of humor."
 -Max Eastman


"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. 
The minute it crops up, 
all our irritation and resentments slip away, 
and a sunny spirit takes their place." 

-Mark Twain

0 comments:

Post a Comment