Meet Druantia

|
Druantia is a Celtic goddess, Queen of the tree-faeries. She is the Protector of Trees, Knowledge, Creativity, Passion, & Fertility. I wish I was more like her. I love and adore trees. I seek and crave knowledge. I claim to be creative and passionate. And I am greatly blessed with fertility.

I'm just your average and not terribly unique suburban housewife/mother/domestic goddess. Actually, I'm not much of a domestic goddess, but I try. I sometimes am wonderful at keeping the house clean, the toys organized, and the meals planned and prepared. However, most of the time I'm merely trying to be good at it and only sort of limping a long.

I'm as full of dichotomies as the next person. I walk to the library and the grocery store when I can. I buy high efficiency light bulbs and appliances. I recycle. However, I also use disposable diapers and waste a lot of water.

I compare myself to others and then realize that I shouldn't compare myself to others and then I get mad at myself for comparing myself to others and end up feeling bad about myself rather than good which is the whole point of not comparing yourself to others. Know what I mean?

Here are a few more true things about me, some good and some not so good:

I believe in God and try to do His will.
I love my family fiercely.
I serve in my local church.
I love to play with and read to my daughter.
I waste too much time on the Internet.
I hate exercise.
I feel guilty a lot.
I read compulsively.
I rarely floss.
I am shy.

Do you relate at all to me? I hope you do. In fact, you probably do, because I am pretty ordinary, after all. That's one of the blessings of being ordinary. You can understand other people, and that can be a great gift. We should all strive to understand one another a bit more.

I think that's what this blog is all about, really. The more we understand each other, the more we realize that we are not alone in our struggles. There is great comfort and strength to be found in that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment